Tuesday 3 March 2009

FINALLY

I have finally started working on pages for FJ again and MAN it feels so good.

I have decided to work in three steps. Step one is the roughwork straight from the script, step two is the neat lineart and framing, then step three is the final linework and shading. At step two the pages are readable enough to go online, which is when I shrink them and put them up so I can meet my upload dates.

When I have uploaded a year's worth of pages, then I will start working back over them and getting them up to a higher standard for print. Its a lengthy process but at least it works. I just found that one of the pages from my script, a short passage of text not even a paragraph long just translated into SEVEN pages worth of comic strippery. Theres a lot of scenery work in the first ten pages, and I am not really happy with them yet, but if I can finish them to a high standard with the print lineart then I think they will be stunning.

I have added some more links to the My Thingie Links Page. In closing have a RETRO COMIC from three months before I started ART SCHOOL.

Doodles was just that, doodlins, which I don't really count as drawing as there isn't really any improvement over the course of it, and it wasn't to express anything through artwork. It was just a meme passed back and forth between me and some friends.

If I can find someone who still has some of them I will dig them out and put them up somewhere, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment